Monday, November 29, 2010

a friend forever....

sitting beside
my best friend sees
memories come and go
like sunlight among leaves

it all started
when i was a kid
playing in the sun
like a little brid

in the backyard
found black shiny seed
buried it in the sand
and forgot the deed

as rains poured
couldn't go out
on a clear sunny day
saw lovely green sprout

i loved it
it was my treasure
seeing its growing
gave a unique pleasure

it started to grow
alonwith me
from a kid to adolescence
now i was free

sat near it for hours
confide in it my fears
shared my laughs
showed my tears

hanging with branches
messing around
sitting in shade
reading on ground

as time slipped fast
i stepped in youth
i found my love
slowly edged my favourite booth

but it didn't complain
stood high on the ground
shared my moments
whenever i was around

slowly i got busy
in worldly chores
married and had kids
no time to explore

seasons changed
autumns and springs
it roared with the thunders
sang with winds

we both are old now
as differences crop around
no one talks or shares
to home we are confound

humans are such assets
become liability in course of time
but he remained an asset
as a prized prime

left alone in my last days
as everyone moved to a bright new place

but how can i leave
my friend alone
who still talks to me
when i am prone

heaven's rainbow,in life's eve
in my last moments,it heaved a deep sigh
showered me with flowers
as i leave to distant skies

No comments: